February 28, 2011

~Sundays Supper Surprise~

My hubby,Doug gave me a grocery list of things that he needed to make a surprise Supper on Sunday. He wouldn't tell me what he was making but I only knew some of the ingredients.I went and got all the ingredients on my list Friday. So Sunday finally rolls around.It was around noon and  I was told I was not allowed in the kitchen until it was time to eat. I had no problem with that. He recruited 2 of our 3 teens to help prepare the meal. Well about 3 hours later. He called me up for supper. Was I ever impressed.There on my plate was this juicy, tender chicken with potatoes,carrots,celery and onions. I asked what it was and he still wouldn't tell me. I had to wait til supper was over for him to tell me. Let me tell you. This was an awesome meal. I am really impressed with this meal. I actually made him promise to make it again soon. He finally told me it was 40 Clove Garlic Chicken.I would of never thought that.. It didn't have a strong taste of garlic at all. With 40 Clove Garlic in its name.You would of thought it would of. I wish I had a picture to show you how good it looked but he didn't think to take one. I did get a pic of dessert that I made that morning. We have a new tradition on Sundays now. I make a surprise dessert and hubby and the kids make a surprise supper. Actually the kids make it but hubby is there to supervise.


40 Clove Garlic Chicken

40 peeled garlic cloves
1- 3 1/2  to 4 pound whole chicken
3 carrots
2 stalks celery
2 onions
4 potatoes
Olive oil
salt
pepper
Italian Seasoning Blend

Quarter onions, cut celery,carrots,potatoes and about 8 garlic cloves diced large and place with a little olive oil in bottom of roaster.
Clean chicken- in cavity put 2 pieces of the quartered onion and about 20 cloves of garlic with some olive oil.
Cut up small the remaining 12 garlic cloves , add some salt, pepper and Italian blend seasoning and mix with a little olive oil. Now cut some small slits in the the skin of the chicken and put some under the skin and then rub some on outside of the skin.
Put lid on roaster and cook at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, remove lid and cook until done.

Peanut Butter Pie

4 oz cream cheese
1 c. peanut butter
1 c powder sugar
1/4 c. milk
8 oz container cool whip
oreo crust shell

 Beat cream cheese until soft, then add peanut butter and powder sugar. Beat a little, then add milk . Mix well.,add cool whip. Pour into the oreo shell and chill.  Garnish with cut up Reese cups.

Enjoy and Thanks for visiting....Patti



No comments: