September 8, 2011

Crafting My Little Heart Out

This weekend I was a little busy doing some crafts. I was giving some bowls and a basket a new look and making a few goodies from scratch.
Here is a batch of bowls that I gave a black primer coat to. I got a really good deal on the smaller wooden bowls at the Salvation Army. 10 bowls for $1.00. Couldn't beat that deal. I have had the larger wooden bowls for a little while and just finally figured out what I want to do with them.
 I painted one of the smaller wooden bowls a burnt orange but it still isnt finished yet.
 I also painted one of the larger wooden bowls a moon yellow but still again it isnt quite ready.
 I wonder what I could be making with Styrofoam balls and Rigid Wrap. I also used some tea dyes cheese cloth and black buttons. Have you figured it out yet?
I made some mummy heads. Aren't they about the saddest things you ever seen?...lol
Here is the Rigid Wrap I used to wrap my Styrofoam balls with but I also took some aluminum foil and lined an outside of a bowl with it  and made this bowl also using Rigid Wrap.
Im not quite finish with this either. I have a lot of work to do to it. I have to tell you if you havent worked with Rigid Wrap before. You have to try it. It is so neat to work with. I also poked a hole on each side of the bowl for a handle.
Here is a before pic of a basket I am painting. I just love baskets that you can hang on the wall,
Here is the basket getting a fresh coat of True Burgundy. I have a few ideas for it but I havent quite decided which one I want to do. I guess your going to have to just wait and see.
My last project that I am also work on is making some corn on the cobs. I couldnt resist the pattern on the fabric when I saw it. I just knew I had to make some corn on the cobs with it. They are so just darn cute!

I would also like to announce that I have added a page to my blog just for recipes. I will be trying to add recipes everyday.

                        Prim Blessings,
                           Patti

7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Busy, busy, busy!!! Looks like you're having fun though! I think your little mummy heads are adorable! I've never heard of Rigid Wax before - but it sounds intriguing....ahhh...another thing to try to hunt down here in the don't-have-it-never-heard-of-it Land of Nod!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hi Patti,
I've never heard of Rigid Wrap either??? Never heard anyone around using it, so never looked for it. Looks like your busy. Love the mummy heads.

Lois

Tam said...

I need to find some rigged wrap. gonna have to goggle it...........

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Dang Patti! You go girl! Never heard of the wrap either...the little mummie heads are SO CUTE and original. Those bowls are going to be awesome! And can't wait to see the corn - I need to get movin' in my craft room! ~*~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Whoa Gurlie!! You've been super busy...Love all your new goodies!!! love the corn fabric!
Never tried the plaster wrap either...
have a great weekend.
The Other Patti :)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wow Patti, you have been a busy gal!!!
Can't wait to see how everything turns out!
Looking good so far!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

never heard of that rigid wrap..but it is neat..can't wait to see all of your finished projects..love the little mummy heads..have a great weekend.;) I am loving the blogger background you have too,;)