April 11, 2011

~Looky Looky What I Found~

I went to the Salvation Army today. I found some cute stuff with pretty good prices. All I spent was $9.50.
Platter
I just love this platter with all its embossed flowers and fruits. It measures 18 x 14 and only cost me $2.50.
Here is a picture of the back of the plate. I'll have to do a little research on it. I don't know Century Japan.
A tablecloth for $1.50. It has a few little spots on it but I thought about soaking it to see if I can get them out. If not, I'll just dye it. Not sure what color yet. I just love the weave pattern it has on it.
Here is a close up of my tablecloth pattern. Looks like checks in the picture but in person it looks like a basket weave. I really like it.
A cute bunny chip wood box.. It was $.75. I figured I could use it for spring and any holiday that has the Americana look.
Pink metal tulip candle holder $.50. I like it better without a candle in it.
I think the little wooden thing is a tooth pick holder $.50 and the wooden heart peg $.50.
A wooden candle holder or something $1.50. You would at least think they would clean it up some. I can't wait to give it a make over which it needs really bad besides a good scrubbin.
My cute little peg rack for $.25. I'll give that a make over too. Not sure what color yet.
I could not believe my eyes when I saw these 2 quilt holder for $.75 each. To be honest, I dont think anybody knew what they were for. The cashier just looked and and ask "What do you do with these?" I replied " You hang a quilt on the wall with them." then she said." Aren't  they expensive?" I just smiled and said I got the best deal today.
 So there is my Salvation Army shopping spree. I hope everyone enjoyed my treasure I found today.

I just wanted to say one last thing before I end my post tonight. I have been over at The Prairie Patch doing some reading and posting. It is really sad that some people behave in a manor that isn't appreciated. This is suppose to be everyone sharing and caring. Everyone is unique in their own little way. That is what makes things so special. Tracy if you are reading this.I hope that you will change your mind and Hang in there chic! Big hugs to ya!!!!!!
                                                  Prim Blessings,
                                                             Patti
                                 

3 comments:

renee said...

Hi Patti,
I like all your finds! I'd say you did great,especially with the quilt hangers.
I am sure they will look great.
Have a great week.
Renee

Screaming Sardine said...

Wow, what great finds - prim, country, and otherwise! ;) I wish we had nice thrift stores like that around here.

Thanks for everything, Patti.

Hugs,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Cool finds Patti! I did not find a single thing at Salavation Army today.....Woa...what's goin' on over at the prairie patch??
patti